Using Social Media
Social media can be a great way to:
- highlight the issue of the lack of affordable, quality child care;
- engage others with the issue;
- draw attention to a meeting with a candidate.
Tip for using social media:
- Always ask permission when posting a photo of someone other than yourself;
- Be positive and respectful when describing a meeting with a candidate;
- Centre on facts and voices of parents and educators;
- Tag candidates, political parties, political party leaders and interested journalists
- Use hashtags to have your message appear in more places. We suggest: #affordablechildcare, #cdnchildcare, #childcareforall, #childcarechampion;
- Don’t forget to tag us, Facebook: @childcarenowcanada, Twitter: @child_care_now, Instagram: @child_care_now;
- Share our campaign page childcareforall.ca to help get others involved.